[CS-FSLUG] Upgrading a Northwood CPU...

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed Sep 12 07:16:27 CDT 2012

I do not remember enough about CPUs from that era.

My experience has been that the overall speed-up of a system would be
seen with the other upgrades you have done.  Most CPU upgrades were
very marginal unless you were upgrading to the next model of CPU.
But for $14, it is tempting, especially since it is around 20%
increase in "speed".  Again, most of the bottlenecks are usually
memory, swapping, throughput, etc.  You will be lucky to see a small
part of that increase.  But $14 is not much...

     - Tim Young