[CS-FSLUG] Ethernet Testing

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Sep 6 12:02:06 CDT 2012

Well, I've read about some recent solutions to get near gigabit speeds over coax. Given that the cable company can bond channels on coax and get 100 Mbps or more over DOCSIS 3 and still pipe lots of QAM channels, in theory it seems like there is a lot of untapped potential there...

Now, as to whether any of it is accessible to us... :-)

I definitely don't want to go back to old style 10 Mbit coax networks of yesteryear...

Tim