[CS-FSLUG] IE6 in todays market place

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:33:37 CDT 2011

On 10.06.2011 22:22, Ed Hurst wrote:

> And then there is the moral question of whether software piracy is a
> sin...

I prefer the term: "Not propperly licensed software"

But still, I think, christians should adhere to the law (as wrong as it
might be). Intellectual Property is wrong. You can't own knowledge!
But we're living in countries where the IP-rights are part of the law
and we should keep to it.

Aside from all the other reasons to not trust your valuable data to a
system you are kept from understanding.

BTW: There are strong indications that IP is bad for the economy as a whole!
And this seems only logical to me. If the state protects me from the
market I don't need to be innovative.
Look at the markets. Where is the fastest growing innovation? It's where
companies can't prevent others from copying the work (Look at AMD and
Intel). The both always have to struggle for leadership and low prices.
This brings us great hardware for low prices!

On the other hand look at the Music Busines.
in 1990 it cost 7$ to press a single CD! In switzerland, you had to pay
around 25SFR (about 17$ at the rate at that time).
Today, it costs less than 0.20$ for a single CD. We pay 30SFr (around
33$ at todays rate)!
There is just no competition in this market! If I want the music of a
certain artist, I have to buy it from this a certain producer...
And interestinly enough, all the companies have about the same prices
for the music.

But I'm ranting...

blessings

Marco