[CS-FSLUG] Dying Router?

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Tue Apr 26 20:06:11 CDT 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:15:31 -0400
Don Parris <parrisdc at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like I'm having to reboot my Linksys WRT54G router (which
> I've had for 5-7 years) about every other day now.  Is that a sign of
> imminent death?
>
> If so, any recommendations on a decent, inexpensive router?  I think
> I paid around $50-ish for this one.  I have one hard-wired, 2 wi-fi
> and my Android-based HTC Evos to think about.

I recently got an Actiontec dsl modem-router (4 port and wireless) at
Amazon for about $78, it had great reviews. So far it's worked fine
since I set it up in January, though I needed to have port-forwarding
set up for my ooma (voip) to stay connected.

I'd never heard of Actiontec before but I wanted to replace the one I
was leasing from qwest for $8 /mo and it had the best reviews and
appeared to be the easiest to set up.

Hope that helps!

Cia