[CS-FSLUG] Salvage Laptop Drive

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Apr 19 14:50:15 CDT 2011

Hi, Ed.  I have the tools and the know-how to check it out, and I
could use it as an upgrade to my wife's laptop.  So if you don't have
a better offer than a missionary's wife, then I would be happy to
take it.

I would also be fine telling you how to check it out yourself, if you
wanted to use it as a backup drive for yourself or anything.  :)

Oh.  If you just did the switch-over, I would recommend waiting a
week or so before disposing of the old drive.  There is always a
small "burn-in" window for new drives when there is a much higher
chance of failure.  Unless you have a good backup of your new system,
keeping the old drive around a bit would be a wise thing to do...

     - Tim Young