[CS-FSLUG] Browser Text Editor Application

EnzoAeneas enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:49:02 CDT 2010

You could always roll  a javascript editor into an extension for Firefox or
Chrome and then add your own save and load buttons that save/load to/from
the local file system.

OR -
have your webpage open up a separate page and write your output to it as
text so that you can use the browser's save mechanism and give it a field
that you can type a path into to open using XmlHttpRequest and a file:///
protocol. You may even be able to use a dummy upload input on a form so that
you can use the open file dialog and then use javascript to read the path
from it and upload it using XmlHttpRequest or by just opening a new window
to that path and then read the contents of the window using javascript?

Wow that looks complicated when written down, but actually shouldn't be too
difficult.

--kevin