[CS-FSLUG] Wireless Printing

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Sep 13 10:11:12 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:
> Users on this home network often get an error indicating the printer is
> offline. While there are diagnostics available, nothing seems to offer a way
> to keep this thing from going offline again.

I wonder if this is because its IP address is being changed. I would
recommend finding a way to give this guy a static IP address, or
finding a way for zero-config (aka Bonjour) printing to be activated.
It may require installing software on the computers. Of course, this
could all be true already, and it may be that it goes to sleep, and
the router doesn't have the means of waking it back up. But honestly,
I have so many problems with so many printers with waking that I'm not
surprised at their problems. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland