[CS-FSLUG] Macs and Linux use in CD Vol 80 - Issue 11

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Sun Oct 31 20:15:11 CDT 2010

I like the way your thinking, Tim.  I'm not a programmer, but I am trying
to use Sword in Linux.  Just a few years ago it  the version of it
available for KDE was really a very powerful and user friendly program.
Now it seems to have gone down hill in the user friendly department. I'm
still using it, but don't like it as well.  The one for gnome is (in my
view) even worse. These programs do need some improvement.  Why shouldn't
they be BETTER than what's standard for other OSs?

Open office is. Gimp is, Kb3 is.

I have recently set up several computers for Linux newbies who had had a
few years experience with windows (XP and/or Vista), and they are quite
content.  But they are not Bible students.  Sword has the substance, but
the adaptation to the OS (the GUI) needs some work.
Dave M