[CS-FSLUG] Apple tightens its grip on developers with Mac App Store

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:08:03 CDT 2010

> Here at seminary, about half the students seem to depend on a Mac as their primary machine. Amongst incoming students, the percentage is surely quite a bit higher.
>
> I don't think I've seen anyone using a Linux laptop on campus....

Interesting point.  A couple (few?) years ago, a tech guy at a Christian
University (a "Windows shop") was asked about how Linux use seemed to be
trending in relation to Windows and his response was that the Windows
downtrend wasn't so much due to Linux machines trending upward--that
segment was relatively flat (3-5%?)--but due to the influx of Macs.  I
think I heard that this past year Macs were at least 27% of incoming
student machines.