[CS-FSLUG] Linux for the Paranoid

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Nov 23 06:22:38 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:
> But I'm pretty sure I don't accept popular definitions of "bad guys."

My definition is quite simple. Bad guys want to hurt you and kill you.
Bad guys want to take things from you. Bad guys don't care about laws,
while you and I do. Bad guys are generally stupid, and unable to come
up with these things on their own. Contrariwise, they are also very
resourceful, and will always find ways to use these things against
you.

> The website makes much of helping oppressed people to communicate. The idea
> communication can be illegal or even risky makes me think "bad laws." I've
> been under surveillance before, wholly unjustified, and I tend to support
> tools like Liberté Linux.

Yet, these things almost always tend to be used by bad guys more than
by good guys. Go figure. Oh, btw, governments almost always will find
ways around what you think will keep you hidden or protected from bad
laws (remember the resourcefulness of the bad guys?--yup).

I'm reminded of a saying: "No rest for the weary, and the righteous
don't need none."

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland