[CS-FSLUG] GDM, KDM and Services

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Nov 17 13:41:39 CST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:
> With Ubuntu there are flavors and I could reinstall,

The key with Ubuntu is to first install a base, commandline-only
install. I think the simple way is a server install. Then, you add the
packages you want/need. I believe the icewm install includes most of
the niceties you will need. I did this once with a 366mhz PII laptop.
It ran quite snappily. After I did this, I found instructions on the
net. I'll go look and see if I can find them again. The site is a very
useful one for Ubuntu folks--or was a couple years ago. ;-) I don't
know if he kept it relevant or not.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland