[CS-FSLUG] A Christian at Carnegie Hall - Full Article

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Fri Jul 30 10:06:09 CDT 2010

On 07/29/10 09:12 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 07/29/2010 09:41 PM, Cia Watson wrote:
>>>>
>>> I couldn't read it. There was an evil flash popup blocking the page.
>>> Whatever it is they had to say must not have been important if they had
>>> to pull that stunt.
>>>
>> No evil flash popup for me, but I was using firefox with noscript, so
>> scripts are currently forbidden (for that page).
>>
>> Here's the first paragraph of the article:
>>
>> >"Religious Views: Christian." An unusually bold declaration on
>> Facebook from a musician playing Carnegie Hall in New York City, one
>> of classical music's sacred spots. <
>>
>> And with a beginning like that, I'd wonder why it's an 'unusually
>> bold declaration' to show one's religious views as Christian? It
>> smacks of 'intolerance' to me. :-)
>
> Intolerance of "what"?
>
> Fred
I was mostly being facetious, hence the smiley after the sentence.
However, sometimes those who'd write that having one's religious views
as Christian on Facebook, as being a 'bold statement' also suggest we
need more 'tolerance and inclusion' but don't practice what they preach.
As it is, the rest of the article was pretty good and didn't match the
tone at the beginning of the article.