[CS-FSLUG] Linux Drive Cloning

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Mon Jul 26 15:26:07 CDT 2010

dd and rsync are both very powerful command line programs. If your going
to use either, be sure you get the command line right. They will do
exactly what the command line says, and you may not be able to undue what
they do.
Itried to use dd for a job very similar to yours, and wound up with a
large disk that "thought" it was the size of the smaller one, and had to
reformat to get out of that.