[CS-FSLUG] Congregations struggle in aging, decaying churches

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Jul 20 17:27:10 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM,  <davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:
> Since scripture precept nor practice recommends these things, and yet that
> new testament church has a record of having accomplished the work that
> Jesus commanded, it would appear that these practices are at the very
> least not needed, and instead are wasteful of time, talent and resources
> if the goal is to please and obey our Lord.

Thing is, if we read that article a bit more carefully, we will see
that these churches are angling for government money. That's the
entire point of the article, IMO. And now here is the point I was sort
of hinting at. We call these places "churches" but these institutions
long ago left Scripture, and these items you mention are only the last
in a long line of departures--and hardly the _cause_ of their
woes---more like symptoms of late stages of the disease.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland