[CS-FSLUG] off topic? gcc help

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Jul 19 06:46:13 CDT 2010

  Well, looking at DejaGnu more, it looks like the runtest actually
does the compiling, running, and verification of the results. I did
not actually see what tests were for gcc.

runtest needs "expect" and "tcl."

and you also have: (http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html)

      /How can you run the testsuite on selected tests?/

/In order to run sets of tests selectively, there are targets `make
check-gcc' and `make check-g++' in the gccmake check' in a
subdirectory of the object directory. / subdirectory of the object
directory. You can also just run `

/A more selective way to just run all gcc execute tests in the
testsuite is to use /

/          make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="execute.expother-options"
/

/Likewise, in order to run only the g++ “old-deja” tests in the
testsuite with filenames matching `9805*', you would use /

/          make check-g++ RUNTESTFLAGS="old-deja.exp=9805*other-options"
/

/The *.exp files are located in the testsuite directories of the GCC
source, the most important ones being compile.exp, execute.exp,
dg.exp and old-deja.exp. To get a list of the possible *.exp files,
pipe the output of `make check' into a file and look at the `Running
... .exp' lines. /

/ /- Tim Young/
/