[CS-FSLUG] off topic? gcc help

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Jul 15 14:58:37 CDT 2010

  Well, I think you may get a number of different answers to your
question.  I think there are a number of ways to go from here, and
different ways to do it.

runtest assumes that you already have a number of tests all set up
and ready to go.  If so, you will need to know the directories where
those tests are, etc.  So a question: Have you been given a number of
tests to run?

If you have not been given tests, do you have much information about
how thoroughly you need to test the gcc compiler?  If all you need is
to know that it can compile something very simple, then we just need
to give you some simple C code and have you compile a "Hello World".

If none of these make sense, can you just ramble a bit more about
what you need to do with gcc?  Is this for a class?  What platform
are you doing this on?  Is there an end goal, like needing to compile
a program that already exists?

     - Tim Young