[CS-FSLUG] tribal christian (and my freind) murdered in South Mexico.

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Thu Jul 8 02:51:58 CDT 2010

Pastor Severiano Flores was murdered in an ambush last week in Southern
Mexico. His wife was severely injured.  Their toddler escaped without
physical injury.

Severiano (we called him "Seve") was in Culiacan with us about twenty
years ago, and I was allowed of God to work with him for a short time.  He
was a native Triqui (say "TREE-key") Indian. His voice was used on the
Jesus movie in that Southern Mexico Indian language. and on thousands of
copies of Audio cassettes and CDs distributed to the Triqui Indian people
who are now scattered from his native region throughout North America.

Violent political factions within his tribe have been the cause of most of
his people moving away, seeking peace. He stayed to continue bringing them
the Gospel of Peace. Several years ago He and his previous wife and family
were awakened in the night by a knock at the door. As his wife at that
time answered the door, she was stricken by the midnight visitors and
murdered there in front of her husband and her children.

The perpetrators escaped, and to add further injury a gossip campaign was
instituted to blame Seve for the deed, saying that he had hired it done.
Such a spirit of distrust prevails among these poor people that the
accusation was believed by many, but his teenage daughters (who were there
that night also) stepped forward, and became faithful witnesses for
Christ. And Seve didn't run and hide even in the face of such dreadful
deeds.  He stayed on and continued, and then married again and....

But today, although he is gone, his work goes on. Pray for the Triqui
people - In Oaxaca, in Baja California, In California USA, in The northern
Mexico state of Sinaloa, and in many other places where the hammer of
hatred, and of poverty has driven them. There are a few of them who have
become faithful followers of Christ, but much remains to be done.