[CS-FSLUG] Printers on Linux

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Jul 7 23:51:40 CDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 09:18 PM, Ed Hurst wrote:
> I wasn't quite sure, but I confirmed today running your HP printer with
> HPLIP on Linux essentially voids the warranty. They don't say it like
> that, but the results are the same. They refused to discuss warranty
> because I used it with Linux.
>
> Is there a printer manufacturer who doesn't do that?
>
> Assuming there are, do they make anything us mere humans can afford?

Ed, as many times as I've talked to HP tech. support, I've NEVER been
told that!
I'd suggest you talk to someone else at HP. hplip only exists because of
support
FROM HP. And, FACT, there's NO LEGAL way they could do that anyway.

Fred

--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown