[CS-FSLUG] OT: (Long) Help with Shepherd's Staff -- OnTopic: Moving to Open Source

Kelly Williams kellywilliams81 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 11:37:22 CST 2010

I know what you mean your going through I was volunteering for a local
ministry which told me to leave the ministry because of some unknown reason.
They are running out dated systems and there desktop systems are good with
XP but their server needs more work and running pirated software for a
server which I didn't install. Before I was asked we were in the works were
thinking of updating the server with Windows 2008 Server which cost $$$$, I
wanted to use Ubuntu Server which cost FREE. What would you pick. But also
they would have to upgrade server hardware and thats More $$$$. They use
simple office software so openoffice would work better personally it also
free. Do the math.
Thanks,
Kelly