[CS-FSLUG] Anybody run mysql server?

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Sun Feb 7 09:21:47 CST 2010

I'm in a bit of a bind here.

Somehow I lost all my mysql database tables and now I cannot log into mysql.

my question is, usually when mysql is first installed, it installs IIRC 2
tables and I think these 2 tables are required for storing the administrator
username and password etc. so I never did touch these tables.

Anyway, I tried re-installing everything related to mysql but it does not
restore these tables, so I can't log in as root anymore.

Does anyone know what I need to uninstall, reinstall to get all the settings
back to the same as a fresh install? Short of re-installing the whole Ubuntu
distro, which I've had to do before :-( So I'm hoping I don't have to do that
this time.

I also know I lost my tables I created, but I have backups of those, so I'm
not worried 'bout that.

--
Blessings
David M.