[CS-FSLUG] NRA UNDER GUN OWNER SCRUTINY BANG ON! Why I and others support GOA and JPFO!!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Feb 5 17:53:34 CST 2010

ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

February 4th 2010

JPFO ALERT:  NRA UNDER GUN OWNER SCRUTINY

We've had some heated commentary on our most recent alert regarding
the NRA's blatant intrusion into the upcoming landmark case of
McDonald vs. City of Chicago.

Please come and take a look -
http://www.jpfo.org/kirby/kirby-nra-scrutiny.htm

The NRA elbows its way into the McDonald Case
By Kirby Ferris

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

Copyright JPFO 2010

     One wonders if NRA members should be proud of their organization’s
apparent newfound fiduciary conservatism. The so-called “premier” gun rights
organization has now managed to finagle its way into the spotlight after
someone else’s sweat and money rented the hall, built the stage, and set up
the sound system.

     NRA lawyers are now second guessing pro-gun lawyer Alan Gura’s
expertise. And this, after Gura masterminded and navigated the vitally
crucial landmark Heller case to a victorious decision in favor of the Second
Amendment.

     The NRA’s leadership must have looked at each other and realized that
(coming so close on the coat tails of Heller) McDonald actually had a good
chance at victory. I can just hear them clinking their drinks in toast and
chuckling: “Gura will likely win this one too. Let’s get on board now!”

     All that might not be so bad, but look who the NRA has hired as their
head counsel in this wedge into McDonald: Paul Clement, the very attorney who
advocated against our gun rights in Heller!

     That’s right, Clement led the federal government’s charge to protect the
Washington D.C. ban on handgun ownership!

     Here are some of Paul Clements espousals during Heller. These are from
Clement’s oral arguments to SCOTUS and from the written brief filed in the
case. He penned or uttered these little nuggets of liberty loving patriotism.

     “In our view it makes a world of difference, Justice Ginsburg, because
we certainly take the position, as we have since consistently since 2001,
that the Federal firearm statutes can be defended as constitutional, and that
would be consistent with this kind of intermediate scrutiny standard that we
propose.”

     Oh yeah?

     Now take a look at this one:

     “The Second Amendment talks about "the right to bear arms", not just "a
right to bear arms". And that preexisting always coexisted with reasonable
regulations of firearms.”

     Don’t you love the word “reasonable”? It sound so…so reasonable!
Unfortunately what Clement is talking about here is a ban on the possession
of a handgun in your own home for your own self defense!

     And here’s an intriguingly slippery one for you:

     “Absolutely, Justice Ginsburg, and just... I mean, to give you a clear
example, we would take the position that the kind of plastic guns or guns
that are specifically designed to evade metal detectors that are prohibited
by Federal law are not "arms" within the meaning of the Second Amendment and
are not protected at all.”

     Hmmm…. Very lawyerly. I’m not going to comment on that one. Just read it
a couple of times for your own smell test.

     And now a couple of tidbits from Paul Clement’s written brief in Heller:

     "Given the unquestionable threat to public safety that unrestricted
private firearm possession would entail, various categories of
firearm-related regulations are permitted by the Second Amendment."

     How does “shall not be infringed” somehow sneak past this guy’s
obviously impressive intellect?

     Some icing on the cake:

     “Nothing in the Second Amendment, properly understood -- and certainly
no principle necessary to decide this case — calls for invalidation of
numerous federal laws regulating firearms.”

     Oh boy…

     Yes, friends, this is the man the NRA has hired to defend your gun
rights in the unbelievably crucial McDonald vs. The City of Chicago case.

     This is the same NRA that still believes the BATFE has a warm and fuzzy
place in our lives. See: "NRA Letter"

     This is also the same NRA that has not called for the completed
destruction of “gun control” laws. And it’s the same NRA that does not appear
to have a problem with Nazi “gun control” laws used as a basis for “The Gun
Control Act of 1968”. See: this handbill and see also: the film "No Guns for
Negroes".

     In a recent JPFO alert article I speculated on what might knock McDonald
off the rails. See: "Will Your Gun Rights Live or Die?" This present turn of
events should certainly not deter our fears. JPFO is not alone in our concern
with this NRA/Clement issue. See: this Cato @ Liberty article, (also archive
copy here on JPFO).

     Paul Clement is like a shark who just tried to bite our legs off. And
now the NRA has crashed the pool party and tossed him in with us! Is it “hire
a crook to catch a crook” logic? How can Clement’s oral arguments in the
upcoming McDonald case possibly be all that effective? Those nine Justices
(four of whom are obviously anti-gun Liberals) might truly wonder to
themselves: “Hey! This guy was here about a year ago and argued the exact
opposite of what we’re hearing now!”

     Hey NRA, do you call that good legal strategy? And more importantly: Do
you really want a McDonald victory?

This alert, on JPFO -
http://www.jpfo.org/alerts2010/alert20100204.htm

If you like what we do for you, then please support us. It is less
than 7c a  day, only $25 a year -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/member.htm

The Liberty Crew
Protecting you by creating solutions to destroy "gun control"

(If your email program does not recognize a URL as a link, copy the
entire URL and paste it into your Web browser.)

FREE DVD copy of "2A Today for The USA" with a one year membership
and FREE copies one each of "2A" and "No Guns for Negroes" with a
two year membership, join or renewal -
http://shop.jpfo.org/cart.php?m=product_list&c=4  - plus now
also within this offer, get your JPFO "Conversation Starter" mug
included as well for the discount price of just $12.95 extra.

Learn about "The Ten Commandments of Self Defense" -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/10c.htm

Don't forget JPFO's current "Multitasker" offer - order one and
receive a FREE DVD.  ORDER TODAY...  Limited quantities -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/multitasker.htm

If your life ever depends on a battle worthy knife, Dustar is the
choice of many in the Israeli Defense Force -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/dustar-knives.htm#dustar

You can give the gift of freedom, and it's free.  Email this link -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/2a-today-download.htm - widely and
make copies of  "2A Today for the USA" to give away - go there
right now.  The message and information in this definitive film is
possibly the only significant way you can do something active to
protect your free right of gun ownership.  Now also, include this
same approach for "No Guns for Negroes" -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ngn-download-view.htm

Use our latest handbills -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/freebies.htm - this includes our
latest additions.

Remember to check out all JPFO's movies -
http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/movies.htm

Please support JPFO with donations, memberships and purchase of
our materials ( http://shop.jpfo.org/ ) - so we can continue to
provide you with these alerts and defend your rights.
JPFO Membership form - http://www.jpfo.org/pdf02/memb-form.pdf
JPFO On line secure membership sign up -
http://shop.jpfo.org/cart.php?m=product_list&c=4

--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any