[CS-FSLUG] Did Eve Come First?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Feb 2 19:42:43 CST 2010

Did Eve Come First?

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God...
"Lord, I have a problem!"
"What's the problem, Eve?"
"Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this beautiful garden
and all of these wonderful animals, and that hilarious comedic snake,
but I'm just not happy."
"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.
"Lord, I am lonely. And I'm sick to death of apples."
"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for
you."
"What's a 'man', Lord?"
"This man will be a flawed creature, with aggressive tendencies, an
enormous ego and an inability to empathize or listen to you properly.
All in all, he'll give you a hard time. But, he'll be bigger, faster and
more muscular than you. He'll also need your advice to think properly.
He'll be really good at fighting and kicking a ball about, hunting
fleet-footed ruminants, and not altogether bad in romantic pursuits."
"Sounds great," says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow. "What's the
catch, Lord?"
"Yeah, well.... you can have him on one condition."
"What's that, Lord?"
"You'll have to let him believe that I made him first."

--
This all leads to my belief that I've been wrongly defining
liberalism for years. I think a new definition of the liberal