[CS-FSLUG] BREAKING: Denmark ditches Microsoft!

Enzoaeneas enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 22:12:36 CST 2010

Amen to that. I worked for the state universities for 7 years and now
work for the federal goverment. The Microsoft Office suite is such a
waste for what work needs to be accomplished with it. I could understand
specific programs from it, such as Visio or even Outlook, but people
rarely use the fancier features of Microsoft Office. Instead they try to
shoehorn custom application functionality into MS Access! So inefficient
and backward.

OpenOffice would save us billions of dollars in licenses without loss of
productivity. Though I'd still try to keep Visio though :-)
--Kevin