[CS-FSLUG] Swearing in this forum - CD, Vol 82, Issue 13

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Wed Dec 15 18:21:30 CST 2010

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:12:21 -0600, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

> I was wondering that myself. I don't make it a habit to use that word
> frequently, but I almost feel the urge now. It'd fit.
> Incidentally, C.S. Lewis received complaints when he made use of the
> word in Mere Christianity.

Okay, after reviewing the post in the archives, my foremost complaint is
it was incorrect grammar. It has to have the "-ed" suffix to be correct.
In that case, of course, the literal meaning would be pretty negative. But
it wasn't, and I don't know where to balance this out, but I stand by my
original comments in the past, and backed up by our host, Tim:

Edit such posts; don't just forward whatever you got from someone else.
That's an insult to the readers on the list. Then if you really find such
words proper, you can defend it on your own grounds.

--
Ed Hurst
--------