[CS-FSLUG] Apple Pulls Christian App -- What's Next's

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Dec 12 12:38:11 CST 2010

It's a bunch of posturing, in my opinion. As I wrote elsewhere on the subject, "I have to agree with commentators that Apple has been pretty consistent on it's stance on controversial apps, and the declaration, as it stood at least, clearly violated Apple's stated policy. It will be interesting to see what comes of the update."

Unless these same people want to start arguing for Apple to allow other sorts of controversial apps (notice, for example, that there aren't any anti-Christian apps, or porn, etc., on the iTunes Store -- that's not accidental), I really don't see where they have a leg to stand on.

Besides, this "app" really looks like it would be more appropriate to be a HTML 5 web app -- so far as I can tell there wasn't much app-iness to it.

	-Tim