[CS-FSLUG] Buried Coax Cable ID

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Aug 19 11:33:38 CDT 2010

  Yup.  From your description, I would guess it is an old satellite
TV wire.

The only other home-use coax I can think of would be connecting up a
ham-radio antenna, and those are usually mounted on the top of the
house for greater height.  Unless there was a tree hovering over the
trailer, or the grounding was such that a ham-radio antenna wanted to
focus lightening on a mole-hole instead of the trailer, I would
expect the antenna over there.  You may be able to dig up a
foundation for the satellite/antenna and get a better idea from that.  :)

     - Tim Young