[CS-FSLUG] Don’t Tread on Me?

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Fri Aug 13 00:58:45 CDT 2010

I don't know Anne Rice, And I don't know the statistics about opinions,
doctrines, etc. that influence people to separate from "traditional
Christianity" or "organized religion". I also don't know Michael Spencer,
but I quite agree with his observations in the second paragraph of this
article.

My own observations are that many leave "organized religion" and
"traditional Christianity" not because they will not be subject to any
sovereign, but precisely because they desire to be subject to the one
"True Sovereign" Christ Jesus.  For many,it is not possible to do that
while continuing, to submit to a system that places the headship of the
church in the hands of a man or a group of men who claim to be acting for
Him, but are in fact making their own rules (or following rules others
have made), which clearly contradict Biblical teaching.

http://www.hisfeet.net/davemarc.htm