[CS-FSLUG] Hard drive won't format - or maybe stay formatted.

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Mon Aug 9 14:07:23 CDT 2010

Reviewing this thread reminded me of something I don't yet understand
myself, despite researching it. Having fooled with donated drives on
different machines, I found later versions of Vista and all versions of
Win7 do some really strange things with partitioning and formatting.
Reusing those drives for Linux/BSD has required a good bit of jumping
through hoops as described in the thread. Should you be trying to go the
other way, Win7 will pause a really very long time during the installation
before it proceeds with formatting the drive.

--
Ed Hurst