[CS-FSLUG] People living longer response to Natural News Tip

George Rodier gwgr at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 23 10:20:38 CST 2009

Le dimanche 22 novembre 2009 à 11:23 -0600,
christiansource-request at ofb.biz a écrit :
> Message: 9
> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:23:44 -0500
> From: "Craig Button" <craigb.rn at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] NaturalNews Tip of the day
> To: "'A Christian virtual Free Software and Linux Users Group.'"
> 	<christiansource at ofb.biz>
>
> ... How can you claim that eating only natural
> will help you live longer with the fact that people live longer now than
> they did when everything was natural.

I'm one of the (I hope) many who read but rarely post - but I must take
exception with the idea that people are living longer these days. More
people may be living long but there have always been those who lived
well into their nineties.

Fewer people now die in infancy and many fewer die of industrial or farm
accidents than in the 19th century so more people are living long - but
that doesn't mean longer.

My father, born at home in 1892, weighed in at less than two pounds so
even back then there were some amazing infant survival stories. My
nephew's son weighed in at less than two pounds and medical expenses for
his first year reached nearly one million dollars. I guess a pillow on
an open oven door for warmth and an eye-dropper for feeding just aren't
acceptable medical treatments these days.

My mother lived to be 100 (and knew it) but not due to modern medicine -
and certainly not due to good diet or exercise. As a child she survived
polio and the Spanish flu and had very little to eat during the Great
Depression. Other than for emergencies most medical care was
economically out of reach and most of what we ate (when I was a child)
came out of a tin or a box. Meat was always rare no matter how well
cooked and Kraft Dinner with ketchup was a real treat. (These days my
wife and I do read labels and try to avoid eating anything we can't
pronounce.)

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you want to live long then
choose your ancestors well and avoid things that might kill you. (And
yes, I do drive an automobile even though more than 30,000 people are
killed in auto accidents each year in the U.S. I'm not perfect, just
Forgiven.)

I now return me to my normal read-only mode.

Georges