[CS-FSLUG] openSUSE 11.2

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Nov 11 22:54:48 CST 2009

11.2 releases tomorrow. I've been running RC2 for a few days with KDE. I
had been putting Ubuntu 9.10 through it's paces for about a
week.....some things I liked, some I didn't. As much as I don't like the
relationship between Novell and MickySoft, and IF there was another
distro. as complete and as well produced as openSUSE, I'd use it.

11.2 on 2 test boxen, one a Dell laptop with Intel duel-core Centrino
and 2G RAM and an HP desktop with a dual-core Opteron and 4G of RAM, are
FASTER running with openSUSE 11.2 and KDE than Ubuntu 9.10. This I
consider an important feat. Yast has even more ability than in 11.1.
Anyone who's used Yast is hard pressed to want to leave it. ;)

I have an idea that 11.2 will be the distro. all others are measured by.

Fred

--
Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, so I have more reliable.
I use Linux!