[CS-FSLUG] Karmic Koala

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Sun Nov 1 17:34:37 CST 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009 18:13:04 Ed Hurst wrote:
> Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> > But again, Ed, since we are on it, perhaps it would be time to try some
> > Slack derivatives, such as BlueWhite 64, Slamd64, VectorLinux, or Slax.
> > They have all the Slack advantages, and (hopefully) nothing of the
> > objections.
>
> There was a time when digging into it with code splattered all over me
> was quite fun. It's no fun any more. I've gotten lazy about Linux
> because I just want to use it, not learn more about it. Anything Slack
> based would be starting all over again.

Ed I felt this way  long ago and Tim encouraged me to try Ubuntu, but of
course I wasn't willing to give up KDE. This was like 4 year ago or maybe less
so I settled on Kubuntu. I finally got fed up with KDE and as you now know have
been on my Ubuntu system for about a month now I think. I have to admit maybe,
just maybe I should have listened to time about Ubuntu 4 years ago.

I hope things work out for you.

--
Blessings
David M.