[CS-FSLUG] Best DTV Converter Box?

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 21 21:46:13 CDT 2009

Timothy Butler wrote:
>     I was trying to find the best DTV converter box for an old TV my dad
> uses. I've read very good things about Dish's TR-40, but it seems to be
> sold out. There seems to be a wide variation in both picture quality and
> quality of the on-screen guide.

I don't have a clue about DTV box; I just found it interesting your
looking for this part on the same day that my son decided it was time to
build a DTV antennae to replace the rabbit ears we've been using.  We'll
test the antennae on grandma's TV which has a digital tuner.  If it
works, the plan is to get a pci-card tuner to feed MythTV.