[CS-FSLUG] OT: Culture Wars - The coming evangelical collapse - EXCELLENT!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Mar 11 23:26:34 CDT 2009

We Evangelicals have failed to pass on to our young people an orthodox
form of faith that can take root and survive the secular onslaught.
Ironically, the billions of dollars we've spent on youth ministers,
Christian music, publishing, and media has produced a culture of young
Christians who know next to nothing about their own faith except how
they feel about it. Our young people have deep beliefs about the culture
war, but do not know why they should obey scripture, the essentials of
theology, or the experience of spiritual discipline and community.
Coming generations of Christians are going to be monumentally ignorant
and unprepared for culture-wide pressures.

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10079

--
"The fundamental premise of liberalism is the moral and
rational incapacity of the American people." ~ Fred Miller