[CS-FSLUG] Need help with gOS on Cloudbook

Greg Slade grga at bluebottle.com
Tue Mar 3 13:38:14 CST 2009

Last summer, I think I told you that I had picked up an Everex Cloudbook
in Hong Kong for testing purposes. What I might not have admitted is
that I played with it a bit in the airport on the way home, started to
doze off, and shut it down. When I got home, I couldn't remember the
username and password I had used, so I was locked out until I figured
out how to "hack into" my own machine.

Now, I need to figure out how to prevent anyone else from using the same
trick. One of the things I need to be able to demonstrate (if we're
going to start using these things for work) is the ability to encrypt
the hard drive, and require a password before unlocking the computer.
Now, this is the kind of thing which any number of tools can do after
the fact for Windows, but I don't know enough about Linux to know what
to use.

So, if you needed to encrypt your Linux box, how would you go about it?

--
Greg Slade
Ecce Eduardus Ursus scalis nunc tump-tump-tump occipite gradus pulsante