[CS-FSLUG] OT: EcoNazis are blocking extraction of 2+ trillion bbls of Oil in the USA!!!

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun Mar 1 01:57:19 CST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Davo Smith
<christiansource at davosmith.co.uk> wrote:
> or about 1 year, in reality:
>
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

First of all, I don't trust these emails claiming bountiful supplies
of oil. But, on the other hand, Snopes has recently (during the
election, to be precise) has shown itself to be politically motivated.
In other words, if you just quote snopes at me, I no longer trust it.
Look harder. Find genuine data, and then I'll believe you (and don't
just get the links from Snopes. Do your own research)

> And that's not even getting into the discussion about the amount of
> pollution spewed out by burning 500 billion barrels of oil...

You mean that same 500 b that would be burnt regardless of where it came from?

Whether you or the environmentalists who worship earth as their god
like it or not, fossil fuels are the present and the future. Whether
you like it or not, it's not going to change. Whether you like it or
not, the earth will survive it, and so will we. I think we forget how
far things have improved since the 60s and 70s. I grew up in the rust
belt, and remember smog that you could taste and that hurt your eyes.
I remember not being allowed to swim in Lake Erie, because of the
pollution. I remember the miles upon miles of coal cars, and the huge
rafts of coal barges floating up the Ohio. I remember the endless
miles of steel mills along the river.

But I also remember the bustling life of Western PA during those
years. The economic activity, and bustling life was seemingly
endless--yet, it ended, and rather suddenly. From that point on, it
was ghost town after ghost town. A new car was a rarity! And homes
were frozen in the mid-to-late 70s era decor. Western PA became a
wasteland. Sure, the air cleaned up. How could it not? But guess what
was the final straw that killed the industry? Emissions standards!
It's the little-known fact that gets ignored by all environmentalists,
and most people never understand it. I know the union workers never
did. It was those evil capitalists--no, it was the evil government
regulators.

So, go ahead. Turn the nation into a waste land. Be my guest. However.
Are you willing to bear the responsibility? Or will you do what the
government regulators and enviros have done from the beginning--and
blame everybody else? Go ahead. Do it. I no longer care. But you must
take responsibility for your actions. Are you willing to bear the
consequences?

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland