[CS-FSLUG] laptop wifi won't turn on.

Davidm at hisfeet.net Davidm at hisfeet.net
Wed Jun 24 23:02:05 CDT 2009

I recently installed a new hard drive in my laptop, and a new operating
system.
The laptop is a compaq v2000 series with a Broadcom BCM4318 chipset for
the wireless. The OS is:  vmlinuz-2.6.27-1-mepis64.

Wireless works fine with the old instalation, but the new one won't even
recognize that there is a wireless device - or rather, it finds and
identifies the device when I run the command: "lspci", but it won't turn
the divice on at boot, and I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Can someone point me to a simple tutorial on the subject? What I have
found on the net so far is way beyond my understanding, and most of it
might not be applicable, because it is refering to other operating
systems.

Dave McMullen