[CS-FSLUG] Sound without X

Chris chris at deksai.com
Sat Jun 20 09:28:18 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:46:07AM -0400, l4c wrote:
> Ed Hurst wrote:

>>> I don't know what you've moved too, but Gentoo was always very
>>> tweakable to allow for no-X when I was using it.

Arch linux is pretty good.  I like it better than Gentoo.  In a way it's
like BSD, with the choice of install from source or binary packages.
I've found it to be exceptionally stable, considering it's more bleeding
edge than anything else I've tried.  I also like the fact that they
don't mess with anything.  They basically only install packages as they
come from upstream.  It's a very light distro.  There isn't any weird
stuff getting in the way trying to "help" you.

More directly to your problem, you won't need to install a graphics
server to make your sound work ;-)

Chris