[CS-FSLUG] Sound without X

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu Jun 18 11:28:35 CDT 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:46:07 -0500, l4c <l4c at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> Try NetBSD.

Did once, though it has been awhile. Very good laptop support, but
criminal lack of interest in the console. Best I understand, you can get a
narrow selection of resolutions on *one* console, the first one. The
others are hardwired into 80x25. I really like the console, and can't
tolerate that. They also do not like Bash, making it hard to even use, and
there are several other issues I found intolerable. They were
unsympathetic when I asked the devs if they would help me write a
simplified exploration of NetBSD as I did with FreeBSD. I understand their
biases, and don't expect them to change.

--
Ed Hurst