[CS-FSLUG] Sound without X

Sophie Hamilton cs-fslug at theblob.org
Wed Jun 17 17:53:40 CDT 2009

On 6/17/09, Ed Hurst <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:
>  I'm trying to configure sound on Lenny without X. So far, the only way I
> can
>  install any part of Alsa is to accept a bunch of dependencies in X. Anybody
>  know of a way to get around this? Do I have to build it from source?

That's strange. What packages are you installing, and what is the full
list of packages that it says it's going to install? I'm fairly sure
that on Etch, at least, it wasn't necessary to install X unless you
were installing, for example, alsa-tools-gui, alsamixergui, or
something like that.

 - Sophie.