[CS-FSLUG] Life on the Console

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Tue Jun 16 15:06:52 CDT 2009

I'm running an experiement, currently Lenny sans-X.org, on my laptop. So far,
things are just about tolerable. Most of what I do is covered rather well, but
it has encouraged me to change a few habits.

For example, I closed my almost unused Yahoo account. Their webmail no longer
offers a plain text option, and after a few moments they simply kick me back
out with a 999 error. That using Elinks. With Lynx and Links2, they don't even
let me in. A few years back they still had a plain text version, now gone.

What are some of your experiences? What are some webportals or major sites you
know which accommodate plain text users?

Ed Hurst
Applied Bible - http://soulkiln.org/