[CS-FSLUG] Christiansource Digest, Vol 64, Issue 7

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 16:55:40 CDT 2009

> Thanks Davo,
>       "shutdown" is a new command for me.  It doesn't work in just that
> format, but with the "-h" it does (e.g. "sudo shutdown -hP now"
>       That at least makes it possible to shut down in an orderly (if
> slightly inconvenient) manner.
>                                           Dave

Odd that you need the -h, as the documentation for shutdown --help,
suggests that '-h' is assumed when you use the '-P' command.

I also thought that the 'shutdown' command might make any error
messages involved a bit more visible, but obviously that isn't the
case.

If anyone else can suggest a better fix / way of debugging the
shutdown process?

Davo