[CS-FSLUG] openSUSE, Ubuntu, Mandriva & Fedora Benchmark

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Jul 18 17:27:17 CDT 2009

With it being a while since we last compared many Linux distributions
when it comes to their measurable desktop performance, we decided to
run a new round of tests atop four of the most popular Linux
distributions: OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Mandriva. To see where
these Linux distributions are at, we used their latest development
releases and then performed all package updates as of 2009-07-15.
Following that, we ran an arsenal of tests using the Phoronix Test
Suite. Here are the results.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=distro_four_way&num=1

--
"Where's The Birth Certificate?"