[CS-FSLUG] OT: Bible buzz begins as Ark hunters wait to view Ten Commandments box

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Tue Jul 14 12:54:48 CDT 2009

Davo Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Steven
> Vollom<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>> To that I quote:
>>>
>>> He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither
>>> will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"
>>> (Luk 16:31 ESV)
>> I remember reading that too, but I believe, and I still would like to see some
>> of that stuff.  just like, if permitted, some day, after the age is over, I
>> would like to see closer up the universe.  If it still is.
>>
>> You can't get me to believe you wouldn't like to see the things I talk of.  To
>> me, they are like any other artifact that is found that comes from bible
>> times.
>
> At the end of the day, in the unlikely event that any of these major
> biblical artefacts is ever found, the reactions of non-believers would
> likely fall into the following categories:
>
> 1. 'I am slightly more open to the gospel as a result' (a very small category)
> 2. 'The bible may have been *based* on some real historical events,
> but that doesn't make any of the God-stuff real'
> 3. 'It isn't *really* the biblical item X, it is just an ancient
> object that looks a bit like it'
> 4. 'I don't care'
>
> Architectural evidence, arguments and pretty much any other 'evidence'
> can only clear away some of the minor issues standing between an
> individual and the gospel - the major barrier is sin, something which
> only God can deal with. Our role in this is to love our neighbour and
> continue to witness to what we know God has done, in the past, and
> continues to do, in the present; the rest of it is up to Him. Random
> 'relics' have little relevance to this, and are of minimal interest to
> me.
>
> Davo

Actually there is proof as to the indifference of the world to the
Bible's truths.  Recently, if I am not mistaken, the remains of Sodom
and Gomorrah were found.  They were found right where the Bible said
they would be.  Previously world scientists and historians dismissed the
Sodom and Gomorrah stories as just that - stories.  Once again, and in
every instance, the Bible has been proven correct historically.  Pretty
impressive for a 2000 year old book to have a 100% track record
everywhere that any evidence can be found.  The secular press hardly
gave it a mention.....