[CS-FSLUG] This IS heresy!!!!

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 10 14:55:00 CDT 2009

On Friday 10 July 2009 10:06:51 am Fred A. Miller wrote:
> steven vollom wrote:

> >> That wasn't the point she was making.
> >>
> >> Fred
> >
> > GOD is the only ONE WHO knows the intent of what we say.  We are
> > basically
>
> [snip]
>
> It was plain what she meant, and besides.....I already know what other
> betrayals of the Scriptures she believes. She is, in part, the reason
> for the Episcopalian church destroying it's self. That happens when you
> leave Biblical teaching and embrace liberalism.
>
> Fred

I don't know her and hope I haven't wronged her, but when GOD says it, that is
the end of it for me.  By the way, it is still OK to read the Old Testament.
It is a love story about GOD and HIS people.  Some of HIS spankings for his
chosen wiped out entire genetic lines, so you might want to consider the
conditions HE places on all of HIS promises.  I could be wrong, but three of
the things HE kept correcting for their repeat offenses were disobedience,
idolatry, and sexual misconduct. How does that differ from what is happening
today.  Additionally HE seems to prefer that you don't mess around with HIS
Words.  HE seems to state that HE means what HE says and Says what HE means.
As my granddaughter would say, "Go Figure".

Scripture came ancient times by Holy men of GOD; we are instructed to not give
any of it our private interpretations.  He doesn't seem to think HE needs any
help to explain HIMSELF.  He is not too big on peoples opinions of what HE
says either.  Don't you just LOVE HIM.  HE is totally trustworthy and
predictable.  You know in advance what HE can do and WILL do.  You also have
access to HIS unwarranted mercy.  Not a bad GOD, I would say.  I love you all,

In CHRIST,
Steven

Steven