[CS-FSLUG] pictures to dvd

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 25 09:04:43 CST 2009

Robert Wohlfarth wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM, David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net> wrote:
>
>     Does anyone know of a program for linux where I can take my pictures
>     and make a home movie that will play in my home DVD player?
>
> Some DVD players will show a picture CD as a slide show. It's been a few
> years since I did this. IIRC, you just copy the JPEG images to a data
> CD. The place it into the DVD player. It does the rest.

We also used this method a while back.  When shopping for a DVD player
back then; we found cheaper ones had longer list of features and
supported formats.

More recently we used tools that came bundled with a new MacBook to make
a slide show that plays like DVD.  Never tried it with Linux.  We were
never successful on a PC when limited to free software (did not try
non-free software).