[CS-FSLUG] Cash Back Credit Card?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Feb 19 16:25:30 CST 2009

> The question is: will receiving money back from the credit card
> company cause you to spend more?

	Probably, not. I'm not fond of carrying balances, so I might spend
the same (and get more) but not carry more. The idea is to take
regular monthly services I pay for, along with big ticket purchases,
and try to get something back from them.

	Interest rates are too high to spend _more_.

> Have you considered something like the "donor" cards - e.g. here's one
> for Linux (and other free / open source projects) -
> http://www.linuxfund.org/cards/

	That would be better than nothing, I suppose, but I'll be the greedy
guy and say I'd rather take the money myself. :-P (Actually, the goal
is to essentially reduce the cost of the things I need to buy via the
cash back rebates.)

	-Tim

--
Timothy R. Butler | "Friendship is born  at that moment  when
Editor, OfB.biz   |  one person  says to another,  'What! You