[CS-FSLUG] Cash Back Credit Card?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Feb 19 16:07:16 CST 2009

My wife and I use Discover, which has worked very well for us. We have
it set up to auto-deduct from our regular bank-account, so we have never
missed a payment on the card. The form of "cash back" we get is that it
allows us to get "gift cards" to a ton of places. We primarily use the
gift cards to restaurants, as we travel all over the place for our
missions work, and we use these meals for our dates. But we have used
some of the cash-back gift-cards to buy a new laptop. With the laptop,
however, there were constraints that said we could only use one of the
cash-back things applied to each purchase. We did get something like 75$
off the laptop price, but we were hoping we could get most of it using
cash-back.

My wife and I do most of our purchasing using that card, but we do not
allow the "cash-back" thing to get us to buy more than we would if we
used cash. We actually track our finances very carefully (well, my wife
does that for us. I am lousy with details and would get tired of it too
fast.) But we like Discover a lot because it is used all over the place.

- Tim Young