[CS-FSLUG] Linux is really frustrating.

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:58:32 CST 2009

Dreamlinux is good for multimedia... wireless too.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>wrote:

> Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> > I just discovered that one of the .wav files I was trying to play was
> > a .wmv file.  I just didnt look closely enough.  That is why it was
> > using Mplayer occasionally.  But Mplayer still doesnt work.
> >
> > I also discovered that changes to the associations list dont happen
> > until you reboot.
> >
> > And finally, I have the .wav file trying to use Realplayer10 and I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > "the following components are required: audio/x-pn-gsm610"
> >
> > I am about to give up and get a new distro as someone suggested, but I
> > have been using this one for so long I hate to start the learning
> > curve all over again.
>
> Well, you'll adapt quickly.....if you know one, you know them all pretty
> much. An easy one is KUbuntu, it's NOT the best for sure, but it's easy
> to get multimedia working.
>
> Fred
>
> --
> "The fundamental premise of liberalism is the moral incapacity
> of the American people." ~ Alan Keyes

Chad, Jess & Lil' Sam Fluegge
Psalms 61:5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the
heritage of those that fear thy name.
Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and
to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.