[CS-FSLUG] Linux is really frustrating.

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:23:07 CST 2009

I just discovered that one of the .wav files I was trying to play was
a .wmv file.  I just didnt look closely enough.  That is why it was
using Mplayer occasionally.  But Mplayer still doesnt work.

I also discovered that changes to the associations list dont happen
until you reboot.

And finally, I have the .wav file trying to use Realplayer10 and I get
the following error:

"the following components are required: audio/x-pn-gsm610"

I am about to give up and get a new distro as someone suggested, but I
have been using this one for so long I hate to start the learning
curve all over again.

--
Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."