[CS-FSLUG] OT: bailout

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Sat Feb 7 18:19:12 CST 2009

Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>> First, there SHOULDN'T be any bailout....PERIOD! End of story!
> So, do you suggest that Joseph did wrong when he performed a huge
> bailout in Egypt?

That's comical, Jonathan :-D

God used Joseph to keep Israel alive. In the process, He used Joseph to
force Egypt into a form of feudalism which gave the royal house far more
authority than was previously the case. Until that point, the royal
family was merely the first among equal noble households. This greatly
enhanced centralized control, which was necessary to put Israel in the
oven, the trial by fire God had prophesied for Israel. It also planted
the seeds of destruction, since that sort of centralized power
introduces a unique set of vulnerabilities to a nation.

Frankly, I expect the US and some other Western nations to experience
something rather the equivalent of the Ten Plagues, at least in terms of
destructive results, because our highly centralized governments have all
engaged in some very oppressive acts. Right now, the bailout looks an
awful lot like having the make bricks for the bankers.

--
Ed Hurst